Table of Contents
- Data protection principles we follow
- Your rights regarding your personal data
- What personal data we gather about you
- How we use your personal data
- Who else has access to your personal data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified and/or identifiable physical person.
Processing – an operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Child – a physical person under 16 years of age.
We/Us/Our – refers to WholesomeChildren.com unless specified otherwise.
2. Data protection principles we follow
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Our processing activities have lawful grounds and are fair and fully transparent. We always consider your rights before processing your personal data.
- Data processing by WholesomeChildren.com is limited to the purpose the data was gathered for.
- We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the following rights:
- Right to information – you have to right to know whether your personal data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it was obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected from you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered. You may access the personal information we have gathered about you by submitting a request to wholesomechildren(at)gmail.com or by accessing our Privacy Tools.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us at wholesomechildren(at)gmail.com to update your personal information.
- Right to erasure (the Right To Be Forgotten) – in certain circumstances you can request to have your personal data erased from our records. To do so, simply submit a request to wholesomechildren(at)gmail.com.
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data (e.g. direct marketing).
- Right to object to automated processing – you have the right to object to automated processing as well as profiling. You can exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, when possible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for legal remedies.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for processing of your personal data. You may opt out of any future email communications by following the unsubscribe link in our emails or by submitting a request to wholesomechildren(at)gmail.com.
4. What personal data we gather about you
Information you voluntarily submit to us:
WholesomeChildren.com may collect certain personal information such as email address and name when you subscribe to our website or its newsletter, by submitting a contact form, or when you decide to leave a comment on our website. In addition, we may collect your billing address, home address, payment history etc. – information necessary for delivering a product/service when applicable.
Information collected about you:
When you use our services and/or access our website, your activities may be logged. This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools, and is used to improve your user/customer experience.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of WholesomeChildren.com including, but not limited to, user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of browser used, gender, age range and other demographic data, list of pages viewed including date and time, and your activity here on WholesomeChildren.com (e.g. links clicked on our website, session times and shopping cart information).
WholesomeChildren.com may use third-party services that collect, monitor, and analyze some of the above data.
Currently, WholesomeChildren.com uses the following third-party services:
- Google Analytics – which provides information about user activity on WholesomeChildren.com. Google Analytics does not capture any personal information other than your IP address which we have anonymized for your security. Currently, Google Analytics data are set to not expire. If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Jetpack – which provides quick-access information about user activity on WholesomeChildren.com. Jetpack does not capture any personally identifiable information.
- Mailerlite and/or Mailchimp – used for delivery of newsletters, email updates, etc. Your name and email address are stored solely for the purpose of delivering electronic communication you have subscribed to, other than important notifications (e.g. data breach).
Please refer to specific privacy policies of these third parties for further information.
Information we collect from others:
We may gather information about you from our trusted partners, provided they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
WholesomeChildren.com utilizes Facebook comments feature which means that by leaving a comment on our website via your personal Facebook profile, your comment, name, and profile picture will be publicly visible on our website unless deleted.
— We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services. —
5. How we use your personal data
We process and use your personal data to:
- Provide our service to you (e.g. providing you with products and services you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request, communicating with you in relation to these products and services);
- Notify you of important relevant information related to operating WholesomeChildren.com (e.g. security alerts and updates on our policies) and/or changes to our services;
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Provide you with user support;
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- Improve the content of our website;
- Enforce legal terms that govern use of our website;
- For statistical purposes and to monitor traffic;
- For any specific purposes for which the information is collected and maintained:
- By subscribing to WholesomeChildren.com, you may share certain personally identifiable information with us (e.g. name and e-mail address). By subscribing to WholesomeChildren.com, you give consent to receive a newsletter and/or notifications of new blog posts, and information relevant to operating WholesomeChildren.com – with an option to opt-out of any future activities.
- By choosing to contact WholesomeChildren.com using our contact form or to leave a comment on our website, you may share certain personally identifiable information with us (e.g. name and e-mail address). Such information will be used for the intended purpose (e.g. a reply) and will not constitute in any kind of subscription. Please note that the data collected via (a) email correspondence; and (b) using the form on our “Contact Us” page are deleted periodically for your convenience.
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate with you with regards to operating WholesomeChildren.com.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyze our client base and client behavior in order to improve the quality and availability of products and services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires with regards to client satisfaction;
- to optimize our website and user experience.
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes.
We might process your personal data for additional purposes not mentioned here but compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that such personal data is suitable for processing, further processing will not harm your interests, and there would be appropriate safeguard for processing. You will have been informed of any further processing and its purposes.
6. Who else has access to your personal data
WholesomeChildren.com takes your privacy very seriously and does not sell or rent your contact information to third parties or share your data with strangers.
WholesomeChildren.com may disclose your personal information to third parties for the reasons of law enforcement, security, suspected fraud, threats, or other issues of public or personal importance relevant but not listed.
Personal data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We only work with partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your personal data.
In addition, if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or comments, Twitter, etc.) through WholesomeChildren.com, your profile picture, username, and connection lists for those services will be collected.
7. How we secure your data
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we take measures to prevent security breaches.
WholesomeChildren.com strives to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the internet is ever entirely 100% safe and, therefore, while doing our best, we cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of data breach, we will notify and assist appropriate authorities. You will be notified if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
8. Information about cookies
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information, analyze client/user behavior, and track users’ movement. This is done with the intention to personalize your experience with us.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data sent to your browser from a website, and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You have the option to disable cookies in your browser’s settings if you wish to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use portions of this website as designed and intended.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required to use some features of a website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality which makes using a website more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. (E.g. your name/email address might be stored in the comment/contact forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information every time when using these forms.)
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used solely to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using certain privacy enhancement platforms. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last Revised: 05-21-2018